Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My SCILS

2006/07...Fall: (501) Intro to Library & Information Professions; (530) Principles of Searching; (550) Information Technologies for Libraries and Information Agencies / Spring: (502) Colloquium of Library and Information Studies; (510) Human Information Behavior; (540) Reference Sources & Services / Summer: (555) Multimedia Production; (611:520) Theory and Foundations of Education for the School Library Media Specialist.

Random Reflections...I had to get trifocals after 1 month of school. I took Reference on Saturday. During the summer, my two online classes overlapped by a month, and my husband accused me of having a computer addiction. I loved the IPL experience so much that I volunteered as a Senior Reference Administrator for over a year.

2007/08...Fall: (522) Cataloging and Classification; (547) Materials for Children / Spring: (548) Materials for Young Adults; (611:522) Student Learning Development and Behavior Management for the School Library Media Specialist / Summer: (611:521) Curriculum Design/Integration and Teaching Methodologies for the School Library Media Specialist.

Random Reflections...Cataloging turned out to be one of my most favorite classes. In December, I got hired to work full-time for 6 months at one of the Princeton University Libraries. I started working two days after my interview, and I had to make childcare arrangements during the break before my final presentation in Materials for Children. I did the Spring semester online. My life reached a whole new level of chaos.

2008/09...Fall: (514) Learning, Theory & the Media Center; (598) Social Software Literacy / Spring (anticipated): (575) Management of School Library Media Programs; (592) Field Experience.

Random Reflections...I have "senioritis." I never get enough sleep. I am so grateful that Convocation is not the same day as my daughter's class trip. My heart still beats faster every time I walk into a library. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It looks a little bit like this...

Open stacks!



To see more photos of my SCILS experience, check out my Flickr set. To find out what our group SCILS experience looks like, click here.

No comments: