Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finger-in-a-Box = Educational

CONTENT WARNING: This video is rated TV-Y7 for fantasy violence. If you faint at the sight of "blood", you might want to skip it.

My grandmother loved to tell ghost stories. When I was a kid, she taught me how to do this awesomely gross trick. With thanks to Mimi for the educational experience, and apologies to my mother for the number of performances, click the player below to find out how to do the not-so-famous finger-in-a-box trick:



You can also go directly to Blip.tv and watch it there.

4 comments:

Jen G said...

This was great! I had a house full of kids here all day today and showed it to them. They all got a big kick out of it and I helped them make their own to show their parents when they came to pick them up.

My dad had taught me this but I had totally forgotten about it until seeing your video. (We never used ketchup, though, so it really wasn't ever as effective.)

Spung Mills History Room said...

Ah, yes, I've heard of this one too. Never had the opportunity to try it out. A good "how to" video; good directions and well demonstrated.

Jenna F said...

My mom taught me how to do this once when I was in elementary school. I remember that I scared my bus driver with it.

mary fran said...

i know i'm late to the party, but this is brilliant. well done.