This blog has an annotated bibliography of "Select Librarian/Library Blogs." There are some interesting blogs here, but nothing that really catches my eye, and I'm pretty sure it was current in 2004. Next!
This list of "Library Weblogs" is cool, but it includes a lot of blogs that are not affiliated with libraries and seemingly has not been updated since 2006. Moving on....
Yes! My pick for the best place to find Library blogs is (insert drumroll here) "The Blogging Libraries Wiki"! Divided into easy categories (e.g., Academic, Public, School, and Special), the categories yield beautifully alphabetized lists of library blogs. But what's this, near the top of the page? It says, "Looking for a list of librarian blogs?" Well, no, I'm not right now, but since you asked....
I digress. I won't tell you how many hours I spent with the Annoyed Librarian, A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette, and Miss Information, but it was more than one. I also spent some time reading about a Twitter experiment and admiring this guy.
My favorite library blog is the Camden County Library Teen Zone Blog.
This is my favorite because:
- It is integrated into the library's teen space page.
- The tone and information are both appropriate for the intended audience.
- The links open in the Teen Zone page or in the main library page, so it's very easy to navigate and backtrack.
- When you hover over the links on the left, you get excellent descriptions of what you might find when you click on them.
- Technorati tags take you to earlier blog entries of interest and add a "cool" factor (for me, anyway).
- I couldn't look away from these shoes.
3 comments:
Wow, I'm really impressed. That looks like a really great blog, and links at the side are really helpful.
I like the font they used, I might have to email and inquire about it. =P
Gabrielle,
Gabrielle,
Your blogs really make me laugh...and of course I took got stuck admiring that guy lol...
As for your blog selection, I too thought it was very informative providing the public with information on upcoming events, useful websites, as well as book reviews. It also is nicely organized making good use of the tagging feature.
Danielle
Post a Comment