We exchange small talk...
hi/hi
are you from turkey?/us
what's your name? (we exchange our 2nd life names)
want to go?/where?
sex/no thanks
please??????/bye
If only I were screencasting. It would cut to him frantically typing "sorry" and me frantically pressing the "quit" button (yes, yes, get me out of here).
I am wondering two things...
1) Does 2nd life have pepper spray?
2) Is it possible that Gabber Delicioso might be a hooker name?
4 comments:
This is not an uncommon experience in Second Life. There is an almost frighteningly thriving sub-culture in SL that is strictly for adult entertainment, and a lot of new folks assume that's what you're there for. It can be a very predatory environment, far worse than your local bar. Linden has tried a few times to regulate SL content, but with little success. Wired mag has done a few articles, this was a good one: http://tinyurl.com/34ynbx
oh noes!
what i want to know is this: what does this mean for libraries in second life? how can we keep it clean?
;-)
Good question. Hanging around Information Island is ok, but so far, I'm always the only one there. :( There are PG zones, too, and there are zones for minors 13+ that gr'ups aren't allowed into. Probably library presence can somehow be established there? I'm too old for Second Life -- it makes me feel creepy.
I finally worked out my SL avatar issues and had a wonderful experience with a mentor who walked me through things for an hour. Try again.
Post a Comment